Kory Wells brings a unique balance of analytical thought and creativity to her workshops and lectures. Consider her as a speaker for your next program or conference.
Kory’s passionate about a number of topics across a diverse spectrum. Here are some of her past programs, but if you’re interested in a certain topic – especially related to poetry or technology for writers – contact her to discuss specific needs for your group or conference.
- Poems I Like, and a Little Instruction
- What’s That Song Doing in My Poem? - Using song lyrics as inspiration for your poetry
- How to Win at Writing Competitions, Even When You Don’t Place
- Social Media for Writers
- Really Good for a Girl – Kory uses her acclaimed essay from She’s Such a Geek to lead into a discussion of the opportunities and challenges women experience in pursuing education and careers in math, science and technology (STEM).
- Stewardship of our Tennessee Mountains – As a volunteer with LEAF, Kory offers a program on mountaintop removal and environmental stewardship which is appropriate for churches and civic organizations and helps the audience “make the connection” between turning on a light and burning coal whose retrieval may have irreparably disfigured the land.
Kory has made presentations or led workshops for the Alabama Writers Conclave, the 2011 Memphis Creative Nonfiction Workshop, the MTSU Writer’s Loft, the Express Yourself Arts Conference for Rutherford county youth, the Writers’ Academy for Rutherford county teachers, the Murfreesboro League of Women Voters, Women in Technology of Tennessee, and other organizations.
Contact Kory for more information about a speech, workshop, workshop-performance combination, or any of her professional communications services.